The KWG has five different rates per year:
- normal members: € 97.50
- reciprocity members (see below): € 77.50
- retired and unemployed members: € 52.50
- student members: € 42.50 (for 4 years at a maximum)
- members without the journal Nieuw Archief voor Wiskunde: € 57.50
In addition, the KWG offers mathematics students (including teacher trainees) a free one-year membership immediately after obtaining their Bachelor or Master degree. Each KWG member has the right to nominate a new member once a year, in which case the new member does not pay any membership fee for the first year. The student membership and the free introductory membership are converted into a regular membership after one year.
The membership year starts and ends on the day your application is received. Payment is preferably made by direct debit, in which case you receive a € 2.50 discount on the membership fee. You can register directly as a member via the electronic form (in Dutch) or by sending an email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already a member of one of the following sister societies, you can claim a reduced rate of € 72.50.
In the Netherlands:
- Society for Statistics and Operations Research (VVSOR)
- Dutch Society for Mathematics Teachers (NVvW)
- Dutch Society for the Development of Arithmetic and Mathematics Education (NVORWO)
- American Mathematical Society
- Australian Mathematical Society
- Belgian Mathematical Society
- Deutsche Mathematiker-Vereinigung
- Gesellschaft für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik
- Indian Mathematical Society
- London Mathematical Society
- Real Sociedad Matematica Española
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Société Mathématique de France
- South African Mathematical Society
Vice versa, for all these sister societies, KWG membership leads to a discount on their memberships. The rule is that the discount is given for the society in the country where the member does not live. As a KWG member, for example, you are entitled to a reciprocity discount on your AMS membership fee, provided you do not live in the USA. Vice versa, as an AMS member you can get a reciprocity discount of € 20 on your KWG membership fee, provided you do not live in the Netherlands.
Finally: As a member of the KWG you can become a member of the European Mathematical Society for half the price: € 25 (€ 50 normal).
Each member receives – if wanted – the quarterly journal Nieuw Archief voor Wiskunde and the electronic news letter of the Royal Dutch Mathematical Society. A postage fee of € 10 will be charged for sending the Nieuw Archief voor Wiskunde abroad.
If you wish, you can also subscribe to the following items via the KWG:
- Pythagoras, a mathematics journal directed towards secondary school students: € 35 per year,
- Indagationes Mathematicae, the scientific journal of the KWG: € 150 per year (strongly reduced rate).